Chickpea Salad with Lemon Almond Butter Oil Free Dressing
OMG, yummy chickpea salads hit the spot today! This has a whole lotta crunch, salty tasting olives and delicious nutty dressing. Bon Appetit!
- Cutting Board
- Sharp Knife
- Large Salad Bowl
- 1 head Fresh Romaine Lettuce
- 2 Cucumbers
- 2 Zucchini Squash
- 8 Large Stalks of Celery
- 48 ounces Chickpeas
- 9.5 ounces Pitted Kalamata Olives
- 1 medium Red Onion
- 16 ounces Organic Frozen Corn
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Raw Almond Butter
- 6 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice (about 4 lemons)
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- White or Black Pepper to taste
- 7 Cherry Tomatoes
- Parsley for Decoration
- Dice up lettuce, cucumbers, squash, celery, onions, onions and add to large salad bowl.
- Rinse chickpeas and add to large salad bowl.
- Rinse frozen corn under warm water to thaw out and add to large salad bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together.
Lemon Almond Butter Oil-Free Dressing
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and fork well to combine. I use a fork as the almond butter may be thick. Add more water for a thinner dressing, 1 tablespoon at a time. Or keep it as is for a thinner dressing.
- Add cherry tomatoes and parsley for some color and beauty.
I was craving something crunchy today and I just love chickpeas. This was an impromptu mix of what I had in my refrigerator and having a desire to make a lot for my family and friends to share. This recipe is so simple, fresh and toxic free. I like using fresh ingredients that come from nature so that my recipes are pure from the earth. Please let me know how you feel about this recipe. Like, share or comment on any requests:). Sending you all lots of love and light!